Brand & Marketing Design Specialist
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference #: BMD100
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
Maplewave’s Marketing Team is looking for a Brand & Marketing Design Specialist. In this position, you’ll be responsible for driving the visual aspects of the Maplewave brand. In collaboration with the Marketing Team, you’ll design digital and physical materials including but not limited to, social media ads, website, marketing and sales collateral, and resources for internal and external activities. Reporting to the VP of Marketing & Amplifier at Maplewave, the successful candidate will be a collaborative team-player, who is a highly-motivated individual, and extremely detail-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching and planning concepts and materials.
- Illustrating concepts accurately for approval. Such as, designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size, and style. For example, producing & editing PowerPoint presentations for sales teams, designing trade show booths and swag, and designing new website pages.
- Coordinating and working with external agencies, art services, web designers, printers, and various teams at Maplewave.
- Contributing to ideas and successfully completing project tasks.
- Actively participating in regular team meetings and planning sessions.
- Communicating with external and internal clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites using Adobe software suite.
- Reviewing final layouts and designs.
- Owning and driving the brand standards via effective guide completion, internal coaching and monitoring.
- Editing and producing various media for brand promotion, including short form videos and social media vignettes.
- Contributing input into the Product and UX strategies.
- Assisting in the brand execution for new products from conception to delivery stage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with specialization in Graphic Design or related field.
- 3 years of experience as a graphic designer with a strong portfolio.
- Experience in a B2B marketing environment, brand ownership experience, and strong team player skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, think both logically and creatively and work independently in a team environment.
- Must have a reliable desire for achieving excellence, with a focus on accuracy and quality of work.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition, understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity and multimedia design.
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
- Proficiency in video production including, audio recording, after-effects and Premiere Pro.
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit are what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passion for technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.