Dartmouth, NS – 100% Remote
Reference #: BA100
Maplewave is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Professional Services Delivery team. The Business Analyst will work with the team to deploy enterprise solutions and will report to the Director of Solutions. Business Analysts typically engage with customers, partners, 3rd party vendors, and internal stakeholders to develop functional designs to guide the development of complex integrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Gather and interpret business requirements from external and internal stakeholders.
· Design and map data between both internal and external systems.
· Develop and document detailed functional specifications in partnership with the Software Development team.
· Act as the customer proxy to the Development team, and provide answers and clarifications throughout development.
· Support Solution Architects and Project Managers in the ongoing delivery of projects, including but not limited to Training and Implementation.
· Assist in managing a change request process when new requirements surface.
· Create “Statement of Work” documents that break down the level of effort and cost based on functional design.
· Work with technical Writers to create training documents and user guides.
· 5+ years of experience in a development, technical, or Business Analyst role developing functional designs.
· Knowledge of a variety of computer software programs and hardware; must be proficient in commonly used business software such as Microsoft Office.
· BSc. Computer Science or Engineering, Software Diploma, Technical Diploma, or related professional experience.
· Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs.
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
o Knowledge of Ruby and .Net.
o Familiarity with back end Enterprise systems including ERP, Billing, and Authentication.
o Experience working in a retail environment (telco retail preferred).
o Project Management Certification.
· Group benefits plan
· RRSP matching
· Health spending account
· Paid time off
· 35-hr work week
· On-going training and development platform
· Half-day Fridays in Summer
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people has built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference BA100