Senior Software Developer
Dartmouth, NS – 100% Remote
Reference #: SSD400
Our Development team is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Developer to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects. The Senior Software Developer will achieve unit tested code, meeting coding and architecture standards, and conforming to functional design documentation when present. The testing will include a mix of automated unit tests providing coverage of new features and edge cases, and manual testing of happy path and key edge cases as identified in the functional specifications and milestone documents. This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future there is a chance to work from our office or be 100% remote.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with Product Managers, Analysts , PMO and other team leads to understand requirements and features and resolve scope, schedule, and design issues collaboratively.
· Manage a team of developers in remote setting.
· Participate in design and implementation phase of releases.
· Participate in estimation sessions identifying time estimates, milestones, tasks, write or co-write milestone documents.
· Manage the growth of your team, e.g. regular 1:1s with team members, setting goals, tracking career growth.
· Resolve issues throughout the development phase and troubleshoot deployment issues.
· Fix code errors as reported and maintain code bases in GIT.
· Participate in UAT and pre-UAT testing and discussions.
· Maintain documents for design and implementation standards, configuration, and deployments.
· Support Business Analysts in writing statements of work, functional designs, and fix bug reports (JIRA).
· Mentor and assist junior team members with design and architecture issues.
· 7+ years of software development
· Expert knowledge of one or more programming languages including Ruby/Rails, C++, Java, HTML/CSS, C#, and .Net.
· Familiarity with both Linux OS and Windows; functional and unit testing experience.
· Proficient SQL skills.
· Knowledge of web design and UI design best practices.
· Familiarity with version control systems (Git).
· Working and/or managing a remote team of developers spread across the world.
· Group benefits plan
· Health spending account
· Paid time off
· 35-hr work week
· On-going training & development platform
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience - and we're growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here - we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #SSD400