Co-op Business Intelligence / Data Developer
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference # Co-opBI201
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
Maplewave’s Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence team is looking for a talented DW/BI developer/data engineer. You will engage with business and data analysts, data consumers, and data providers to design, build, and maintain advanced reporting and analysis solutions. You’ll gain experience across the entire DW/BI lifecycle, including source system analysis, data modeling, ETL, monitoring, reporting, and data analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Maplewave’s suite of existing BI reports, as well as development of new reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc domains (using Tibco’s Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Software).
- Work with advanced SQL queries – incumbent will be expected to learn and implement advanced SQL statements to power reporting and business intelligence, and to troubleshoot and tune existing SQL queries to improve performance.
- Troubleshoot BI servers and related software (Linux/Tomcat, Spring, Java, Ruby, etc.).
- Plan work, log time, and track progress using JIRA and related JIRA plugins.
- Create detailed technical documentation using Confluence.
- Deploy web applications in production environment by gaining functional knowledge on Linux operating systems and work with MySQL queries as and when needed.
- Work with source-system subject matter experts to understand complex source databases.
- Learn and perform other various duties related to supporting Maplewave’s DWBI products.
Skills and Abilities (preferred):
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to self-prioritize.
- Ability to deliver a high level of service to clients, and exude empathy, excellence, and quality during customer interactions.
- Willing and able to champion your own innovative ideas.
- Desire to gain real-world experience in building enterprise-class data and reporting infrastructure in a MySQL environment.
- Experience working with open-source data tools.
- Have a high-level understanding of data warehousing, database concepts, dimensional modeling, etc.
- Have a high-level understanding of different types of data analysis and reporting, dashboarding, etc.
- Passionate when it comes to data quality.
Familiarity with Linux environment.
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit are what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passionfor technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.