Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference # Data100
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
The Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence team is looking for a talented data engineer or data warehouse professional. The right candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter with a strong attention to detail who excels in designing and building-out data warehouse and data mart structures in a MySQL environment.
You’ll will engage with business and data analysts, data consumers, and data providers to design, build, and maintain enterprise-level, scalable data models and flows that support the creation of advanced reporting and analytics.
You’ll bring knowledge of the entire DW/BI lifecycle, including source data analysis, data modeling, ETL, monitoring, reporting, etc. You’ll design and build data models, ETL processes, and reporting domains to make it quick and easy to get relevant information out of source system databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze source system databases and work with business analysts and customers to develop proper data models for data warehousing and reporting.
- Write DDL and DML scripts for ETL and data quality monitoring.
- Manage day-to-day ETL jobs, including monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Do performance tuning to optimize ETL and reporting queries and reduce network throughput.
- Write and maintain documentation and data dictionaries.
- Build and maintain advanced reports and design ad-hoc reporting domains.
- You possess an expert-level knowledge of relational database concepts and general SQL.
- 5+ years of data warehousing, ETL, and data modeling experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with MySQL, either in a data warehousing or OLTP capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in dimensional data modeling, and a demonstrable understanding of data architecture and data modeling theory, practice, and patterns.
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing reports and dashboards, or data analytics.
- You are passionate when it comes to data quality.
- You are familiar with Linux, Ruby/Rails.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and write complex SQL queries, procedures, functions, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize and translate clients’ reporting needs into data models and domains.
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required (in order of preference):
- Experience working with open-source ETL and scheduling tools.
- You possess some experience in the telecom industry.
- You possess a degree in either Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience developing reporting and BI solutions in Tibco’s Jaspersoft BI tools, or similar.
- Experience working with Atlassian project management tools, like JIRA and Confluence.
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit are what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passionfor technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.