Dartmouth, NS – 100% Remote
Reference #: BTA300
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right - for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Maplewave is looking for an experienced Business Technical Analyst to join our Delivery team. The Business Technical Analyst will work with the team to deploy enterprise solutions and will report to the Manager Technical Analyst. A Business Technical Analyst typically engages with customers, partners, 3rd party vendors, and internal stakeholders to develop functional designs to guide the development of complex integrations.
This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future, there is a chance to work from our office in Nova Scotia or be 100% remote in Canada.
• Gather and interpret business requirements from external and internal stakeholders.
• Design and map data between both internal and external systems.
• Develop and document detailed functional specifications in partnership with the Software Development team.
• Act as the customer proxy to the Development team and provide answers and clarifications throughout development.
• Support Solution Architects and Project Managers in the ongoing delivery of projects, including but not limited to Training and Implementation.
• Assist in managing a change request process when new requirements surface.
• Create “Statement of Work” documents that break down the level of effort and cost based on functional design.
• Work with Technical Writers to create training documents and user guides.
• 5+ years of experience in development and/or as a Business Analyst/Technical/Functional Analyst role developing functional designs.
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software programs and hardware; must be proficient in commonly used business software such as Microsoft Office.
• BSc. Computer Science or Engineering, Software Diploma, Technical Diploma, or related professional experience.
• Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs.
• Experience working with Linux.
o Knowledge of Ruby and .Net.
o Familiarity with back-end Enterprise systems including ERP, Billing, and Authentication.
o Experience working in a retail environment (telco retail preferred).
o Project Management Certification
o Bilingual proficiency in English and French is considered an asset.
• Group benefits plan
• RRSP matching
• Generous Health spending account
• Paid time off
• 35-hr work week
• On-going training and development platform
• Half-day Fridays in August
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out: About Us
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference BTA300
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.