Dartmouth, NS – 100% Remote – based in Canada
The Data & Business Intelligence team at Maplewave is looking for a talented Data & Reporting Developer to help improve, maintain, and manage our reporting ecosystem.
The goals of the position are three-fold:
1. Make it quick and easy for our customers to get relevant information from Maplewave products.
2. Build systems and processes to reduce the maintenance overhead of our ETL and reporting ecosystem.
3. Ensure that the full potential of our BI systems are realized.
The right candidate will have strong attention to detail, excel in writing SQL code, and have experience in working with reporting software in a Linux/MySQL environment.
You'll work on setting up, improving, and maintaining many instances of reporting servers (Tibco's Jasper Server Reporting Suite), and help develop CI-CD processes to automate this process. You'll also have a role in developing ETL jobs and maintaining the underlying ETL systems.
You'll engage with business and data analysts, data consumers, and data providers to design, build, and maintain enterprise-level, scalable BI and reporting ecosystems that support the creation of advanced reporting and analytics for our customers.
In this role you will:
• Work with business analysts and customers to develop, update, and maintain suites of reports.
• Write code to perform ETL and other related data-moving and cleansing tasks and carry out monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Write code to build CI-CD automation around our reporting ecosystem (ETL jobs, reporting server deployments, report deployment, etc.).
• Troubleshoot, monitor, and optimize our reporting servers, perform upgrades, etc.
• Performance tuning to optimize ETL and reporting SQL queries.
• Write and maintain documentation and data dictionaries.
• Build and maintain advanced reports, and design ad-hoc reporting domains.
Our ideal candidate will have all or most of this:
• A post-secondary degree or higher in a technology-related field, such as Computer Science, Computer and Information Systems, or an equivalent level of related job experience.
• 1+ years of experience working in an AWS environment.
• Exposure to containerization, preferably Docker/Kubernetes and/or the Openshift suite.
• 1+ years of experience in CI-CD programming, Dev-Ops, or related discipline.
• Knowledge of relational database concepts and general SQL writing.
• 1-2+ years of experience working in a Linux + MySQL environment.
• Experience designing and developing reports and dashboards, or data analytics products.
• You have a high degree of fFamiliarity with Linux (CentOS) command line.
• Experience in one or both of Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and/or Java development.
• Experience developing reporting and BI solutions in Tibco's Jaspersoft BI suite, or a similar BI toolset like Business Objects, Power BI, or SQL Server reporting services, etc.
• Experience working with Atlassian project management tools, like JIRA and Confluence.
Nice to have:
• Ability to conceptualize and translate clients' reporting needs into tangible and useful reports/data feeds/etc.
• Ability to deliver a high level of quality and service to clients and internal stakeholders alike, and exude professionalism, empathy, and a focus on quality during customer interactions.
• Willing and able to champion your own innovative ideas with respect to improving internal processes.
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to self-start and self-prioritize.
• Ability to learn new technologies and concepts, as required.
• Telco experience considered an asset (but not required).
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience - and we're growing fast! We're sure you'll love working here. A few of the benefits, we offer:
• Group benefits plan.
• Generous health spending account.
• Paid time off.
• 35-hr work week.
• Half-day Fridays in August.
• On-going training & development platform.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #Data200
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.