Dartmouth, NS –100% Remote – based in Canada
Reference #: PA100
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients allover the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right -for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our Product & Solutions team is looking to hire a passionate Product Analyst to join our growing team. Reporting to the Product Manager, you will be responsible for designing and executing functional test plans, working with deployment teams, and assisting in the definition and breakdown of product features. During the software development life cycle, the Product Analyst will execute test cases against the functionality being delivered, validate that the requirements are met, and report any defects. You will also participate in the definition and refinement of new features being added to our products.
Additionally, this role extends to assisting with the release process and coordinating with our support and deployment teams in releasing software into test and production environments. This is an exciting role, becoming a Maplewave product and platform expert opens up many career paths including, Solutions Analyst, Technical Analyst, and Product Management.
This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future, there is a chance to work from our office in Nova Scotia or be 100% remote in Canada.
· Create test plans based on product features/functions
· Execute functional and regression testing against software deliverables
· Report software defects to the development team
· Help to define User Stories and new features for the development team
· Participate in milestone reviews and review deliverables with the product team
· Participate in product updates
· Document features descriptions
· Participate in the development of user guides
· Work with deployment teams to triage and identify root cause issues
· Participate in the documentation of architecture and deployment guidelines
· Participate in release planning with product manager(s)
· 3+ years in a role in an information technology discipline including experience with software testing and documentation, implementing enterprise software, and knowledge of various computer software programs and hardware
· Must be proficient in commonly used business software (MS Office suite)
· Experience with software development tools such as Jira and Gitlab
· Experience using Linux commands
· Ability to work under pressure
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· SQL skills are considered an asset
· Previous experience in a telecommunications environment is considered an asset
· Previous experience in a retail environment is considered an asset
· Group benefits plan
· RRSP matching
· Health spending account
· Paid time off
· 35-hr work week
· On-going training & development platform
· Half-dayFridays in August
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out: About Us
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #PA100
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.