Dartmouth, NS –100% Remote
Reference #: QAA100
Reporting to the Manager of Quality Assurance, the QA Analyst will be responsible for designing and executing functional test plans. During the software development life cycle, the QA Analyst will execute test cases against the functionality being delivered, validate that the requirements are met, and report any defects. The QA Analyst will communicate with the project team and provide status updates to the project manager. Additionally, this role extends to assisting with the release process and coordinating with our support and development teams in releasing software into internal and production environments.
• Create test plans based on project requirements
• Execute functional and regression testing against software deliverables
• Provide estimates and communicate status to project managers
• Report software defects to the development team
• Participate in milestone reviews and review deliverables with the project team
• Ensure Jira tasks are up to date
• Participate in release planning with analysts and project managers
• Create and edit templates for various QA documents
• Document testing strategies as needed
• Provide training to new team members
• Support client training initiatives as needed
• 3+ years in a role in an information technology discipline including experience with software testing and documentation, and knowledge of various computer software programs and hardware
• Must be proficient in commonly used business software (MS Office suite)
• Experience with software testing tools such as Jira and TestRail
• Experience using Linux commands
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to perform and support testing efforts, including developing and executing functional tests to ensure software performs as expected
• Strong SQL skills are considered an asset
• Experience with automated testing tools is considered an asset
• Previous experience in a retail environment is considered an asset
• Group benefits plan
• Health spending account
• Paid time off
• 35-hr work week
• On-going training & development platform
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #QAA100
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.