Dartmouth, NS – 100% Remote
Reference #: QAA200
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right - for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Reporting to the Manager of Quality Assurance, the QA Analyst will be responsible for designing and executing functional testing activities for various client projects. During the software development life cycle, the QA Analyst will write and execute test cases against the functionality being developed, validate that the requirements are met, and report any defects that occur. The role will require strong communication with various members of the project team, including analysts, developers, and project managers so that the QA Analyst can understand requirements, discuss concerns, and communicate status.
This is a remote position based in Canada.
• Create test plans based on project requirements.
• Execute functional and regression testing against software deliverables.
• Provide estimates and communicate status to project managers.
• Report software defects to the development team.
• Validate key features of software application.
• Participate in milestone reviews and review deliverables with the project team.
• Ensure Jira tasks are up to date.
• Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities, as needed.
• Participate in release planning with analysts and project managers.
• Create and edit templates for various QA documents.
• Document testing strategies, as needed.
• Provide training to new team members.
• 3+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance role.
• Proficient in commonly used business software (MS Office suite).
• Experience with software testing tools, such as Jira and TestRail.
• Experience using Linux commands.
• Strong SQL skills are considered an asset.
• Experience with automated testing tools is considered an asset.
• Experience in working in a hands-on, highly involved role.
• Ability to perform and support testing efforts, including developing and executing functional tests to ensure software performs as expected.
• Experience with functional testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
• Experience with Application Programming Interfacing (API) testing using Postman or other tools.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Previous experience in a retail environment is considered an asset.
• Group benefits plan from day one.
• Generous health spending account.
• Paid time off.
• 35-hr work week.
• RRSP matching.
• Maternity leave top-up.
• Half-day Fridays in August.
• On-going training & development platform.
• Social clubs to connect people who share the same hobbies and interests…. Burger Club anyone?
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out our About Us page.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com quote Reference #QAA300
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.