Dartmouth, NS – Hybrid / Remote
Reference #: BTA400
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right - for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Technical Analyst to join our Delivery Team. In this multifaceted role, you will be responsible for requirements and analysis, design definition, documentation, validation and testing, project coordination and leadership. You will engage with both internal and external stakeholders to gather and validate requirements and designs. Additionally, you will play a project coordinator role responsible for maintaining effort and project status information for the team and keeping the Delivery leadership team up to date. This project coordinator role extends to assisting with the release process and coordinating with the Client Service Teams and Development in releasing software for internal testing and production.
This is a remote position based in Canada.
• Interpret and gather business requirements from external and internal stakeholders
• Develop and document functional design specification
• Present designs to internal or external stakeholders, manage feedback process
• Assist in managing the change request process when new requirements surface
• Create Statement of Work documents breaking level of effort and cost based on functional design
• Responsible for project status and leadership
• Update Delivery Project Dashboard and manage projects timelines
• Monitor and maintain milestones throughout project lifespan
• Reporting with the Software Team Lead on status to the Delivery leadership team
• Bring scope, schedule, design issues to the Delivery leadership team in a timely manner – bring recommendations not just problems
Training and Demonstrations
• Provide training on new projects both internally and externally
• Provide demos both internally and externally
• Be the customer proxy to the development team and provide answers and clarifications throughout development
• Manage the release process around final validation and release schedule
• Manage and maintain work tickets as required
• Work with Technical Writers to create training documents and user guide
• Provide analytical voice to sales process while developing relationships with partners and future customers
• Support sales team as required; this may involve Demo preparation or delivery of Demos
• Provide guidance and technical knowledge in response to RFPs
• Build and maintain relationships to assist with transition from pre to post sale
• BSc. Computer Science or Engineering, Software Diploma, Technical Diploma, or related professional experience.
• 6+ years of experience in development and/or as a Business Analyst/Technical/Functional Analyst role developing functional designs.
• Experience in designing web services and large-scale enterprise systems.
• Deep understanding of system and data architecture.
• Experience in writing technical design documents based on a solution design document/user requirement specifications / business requirement document.
• Proven experience interacting with developer and analysts while driving the desired result by acting as an internal customer within Maplewave.
• EExperience working with Linux.
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
o Knowledge of Ruby and .Net.
o Familiarity with back-end Enterprise systems including ERP and Billing.
o Project Management Certificate.
o Experience working in a retail environment (telco retail preferred).
• Group benefits plan from day one.
• RRSP Matching.
• Generous health spending account.
• Paid time off.
• 35-hr work week.
• On-going training & development platform.
• Half-day Fridays in August.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out our About Us page.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference BTA400
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.