100% Remote based in Canada
Maplewave Reference #: SSD500
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right - for our employees, clients and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our Development team is looking for an enthusiastic Senior SoftwareDeveloper to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects.The Senior Software Developer will achieve unit tested code, meeting coding and architecture standards, and conforming to functional design documentation when present. The testing will include a mix of automated unit tests providing coverage of new features and edge cases, and manual testing of happy path and key edge cases as identified in the functional specifications and milestone documents. This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future there is a chance to work from our office or be100% remote.
· Work with Product Managers, Analysts, PMO and other team leads to understand requirements and features and resolve scope, schedule, and design issues collaboratively.
· Collaborate with a team of developers in remote setting.
· Participate in design and implementation phase of releases.
· Participate in estimation sessions identifying time estimates, milestones, tasks, write or co-write milestone documents.
· Resolve issues throughout the development phase and troubleshoot deployment issues.
· Fix code errors as reported and maintain code bases in GIT.
· Participate in UAT and pre-UAT testing and discussions.
· Maintain documents for design and implementation standards, configuration, and deployments.
· SupportBusiness Analysts in writing statements of work, functional designs, and fix bug reports (JIRA).
· Mentor and assist junior team members with design and architecture issues.
· 7+years of software development
· Expert knowledge in programming language Ruby/Rails as well as one of the other C++,Java, HTLM/CSS, C#, and .Net
· Familiarity with both Linux OS and Windows; functional and unit testing experience.
· ProficientSQL skills.
· Knowledge of web design and UI design best practices.
· Familiarity with version control systems (Git).
· Group benefits plan
· Health spending account
· Paid time-off
· 35-hr work week
· On-going training & development platform
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out: About Us
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference # SSD500
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.