100% Remote based in Canada
Maplewave Reference #: SD300
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right - for our employees, clients and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our Development team is looking for enthusiastic Software Developer to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects. The Software Developer will be a part of an agile development team building and working on enterprise telecommunication retail software systems using C, C#, Ruby, and TypeScript. You will report to a Team Lead within our Development department. Maplewave’s Software Developers are involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing. This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future, there is a chance to work from our office or be 100% remote.
• Work with an agile scrum team to develop and test web and desktop-based business applications built using a variety of technologies including C#, Ruby, and TypeScript.
• Collect and document user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
• Participate in scrum meetings, peer-coding sessions, and code-review.
• Follow high-quality development principles, while delivering solutions.
• Use Jira to maintain tasks and document the communication around the execution of tasks.
• Resolve technical and application problems.
• Collaborate with the team in meetings and one-on-one sessions.
• Work with, use, and test several different products.
• Independently work on tasks and report updates or problems to a team lead.
• Package and help deploy releases.
• 2-4+ years of software development experience with languages including C#, TypeScript, Ruby and .Net.
• Experience working on an agile development team using a Kanban framework.
• Experience with React, Redux, and Electron.
• Intermediate SQL skills
• Knowledge of client/server application development.
• Previously worked extensively with distributed version control systems.
• Familiarity with good architecture and software design principles.
• Passionate about delivering quality products and great user experiences.
• Proficient in evaluating and implementing new and emerging technologies.
• An understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and relational database design and querying concepts.
• Background in data analysis and development involving large databases.
• Some experience working with a remote team of developers.
• Familiarity with a Linux environment
• Group benefits plan
• RRSP matching
• Health spending account
• Paid time off
• 35-hr work week
• On-going training & development platform
• Half-day Fridays in Summer
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out: About Us
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com and quote Reference # SD300
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.