Dartmouth, NS – 100% Remote in Canada
Reference #: TLSC100
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right - for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Team Lead - Senior Software Developer to join our growing Selfcare team and work on large-scale mobile and web enterprise projects. As Team Lead, you will work with an established group of team leads where you will contribute to and benefit from a collaborative management style. We are product development focused here at Maplewave, and this role will work closely with product owners, as well as project managers, analysts, and QA teams. We are looking for an individual who can engage and mentor a remote team of developers while fostering a growth mindset and continuous learning. We value leaders who can communicate clearly, motivate, and inspire their team. The tech industry is busy and fast paced, but we also have fun while we work - and we hope you will too.
This is a remote position based in Canada.
• Work with Product Owners, Analysts, PMO and other team leads to understand requirements and features and collaboratively resolve scope, schedule, and design issues.
• Manage a team of developers in a remote setting.
• Participate in the design and implementation phases of releases.
• Participate in estimation sessions to identify time estimates, milestones, tasks, and write or co-write milestone documents.
• Manage the growth of your team, e.g., regular 1:1s with team members, goal setting, and tracking career growth.
• Resolve issues throughout the development phase and troubleshoot deployment issues.
• Fix reported code errors and maintain code bases in Git.
• Participate in UAT and pre-UAT testing and discussions.
• Maintain documents for design and implementation standards, configuration, and deployments.
• Participate in weekly leadership meetings with a team of peers.
• Support Business Analysts in writing statements of work, functional designs, and fix bug reports (JIRA).
• Mentor and assist team members with design and architecture issues.
• Familiarity with client/server application development.
• Familiarity with building REST APIs.
• Experience working with Containerized environments.
• Knowledge of relational databases and experience with SQL.
• Experience working with Git and GitLab or GitHub
• Familiarity with good architecture and software design principles.
• A strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, relational database design and querying concepts.
• Experience working with a remote team of developers.
• Familiarity with a Linux environment
• Working and/or managing a remote team of developers spread across the world.
• Group benefits plan from day one.
• Generous health spending account.
• Paid time off.
• 35-hr work week.
• RRSP Matching.
• Maternity leave top-up.
• Half-day Fridays in August.
• On-going training & development platform.
• Social clubs to connect people who share the same hobbies and interests…. Burger Club anyone?
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference # TLSC100
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.