Dartmouth, NS –100% Remote
Reference #: TL100
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic Team Lead/Senior SoftwareDeveloper to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects.The Team Lead will work on an established team of other teams leads, where they will both contribute and benefit from shared leadership experiences. The incumbent will serve as a mentor to their own team of developers, and a passionate ambassador of their product to colleagues and clients alike. The incumbent will thrive in a product development environment, working closely with a product owner, as well as project managers, analysts and QA teams. A customer centric mindset is a must, as well as strong leadership skills and solid communication skills. This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future there is a chance to work from our office or be 100% remote.
• Work with Product Owners, Analysts, PMO and other team leads to understand requirements and features and resolve scope, schedule, and design. issues collaboratively.
• Manage a team of developers in remote setting.
• Participate in design and implementation phase of releases.
• Participate in estimation sessions identifying time estimates, milestones, tasks, write orc o-write milestone documents.
• Manage the growth of your team, e.g. regular 1:1s with team members, setting goals, tracking career growth.
• Resolve issues throughout the development phase and troubleshoot deployment issues.
• Fix code errors as reported and maintain code bases in GIT.
• Participate in UAT and pre-UAT testing and discussions.
• Maintain documents for design and implementation standards, configuration, and deployments.
• Participate in weekly leadership meetings with a team of peers.
• SupportBusiness Analysts in writing statements of work, functional designs, and fix bug reports (JIRA).
• Mentor and assist team members with design and architecture issues.
• 7+years of software development
• Expert knowledge of one or more programming languages including Ruby/Rails, C++, Java,HTML/CSS, C#, and .Net.
• Familiarity with both Linux OS and Windows; functional and unit testing experience.
• ProficientSQL skills.
• Knowledge of web design and UI design best practices.
• Familiarity with version control systems (Git).
• Working and/or managing a remote team of developers spread across the world.
• Group benefits plan
• Health spending account
• Paid time off
• 35-hr work week
• On-going training & development platform
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extra ordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com and quote Reference # TL100
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.