Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference #: ProductMgr100
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
Our Product Development team is looking for a motivated, experienced, and collaborative Product Manager to join our growing family. Reporting to the VP of Product, you will work with customers internally and externally to maximize the value of our products. As the Product Manager, you’ll empathize with our customers, possess very strong problem solving and communication skills, address customer concerns, and have an understanding of the pressing problems faced by telcos. You’ll also be passionate about building products that will revolutionize the telco customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a product from concept, to design, to user testing, to product end of life in partnership with the Product Development team.
- Manage long-term roadmaps alongside sales, marketing, implementations, clients, prospects, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Keeping track of the overall market and competitive dynamics to help prioritize work.
- Evaluate new feature requests based on business value, market demand/trends, ROI and customer impact.
- Present products to stakeholders, customers and senior management.
- Work closely with UX and end-users through iterative testing, to ensure products meet the needs of our customers.
- Collaborate with marketing and technical writing teams to assist external communication, including marketing material, user guides, and release notes.
- Author user stories based on problem statements, focused on high-level, non-functional technical/architectural requirements.
- Manage Product Development teams and communicate project scope, timelines, and value.
- Work with Product Development teams to frame release cadence and priority.
- Collaborate with sales teams to help craft impactful user journey stories, demo content, and deliver on-site or remote demos and presentations.
- Work with sales teams to develop RFI and RFP responses, evaluate the requests, and their impact.
- You have a post-secondary education in a technical or marketing discipline.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner.
- You possess data informed decision-making capabilities, strong analytical abilities, and have experience using analytics to influence product decisions.
- You have a solid understanding of gathering competitive insights and user research methodologies.
- You believe great products are built through the culmination of diverse inputs and you have experience taking direction and input from multiple sources.
- You collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a team-oriented environment.
- You can work on a diverse scope of projects, requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- You understand that there can be more than one ‘user’.
- You are passionate about delivering quality products and great user experiences.
- You have great written and interpersonal skills.
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum product development team.
- Retail POS or other retail software experience.
- Telco industry experience.
- B2C products and services experience – managing consumers digital customer experiences and driving consumer product adoption is of interest.
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit are what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passionfor technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.