Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference # ProductOwner100
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Teco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
Our Product Development group is looking for highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner to join our growing team. Reporting to the VP of Product & Data Strategy, you will work with customers—both internal and external—to define our product commitments and create user stories continuously focused on delivering the highest possible value for Maplewave and our customers. Additionally, you will work with the product development team to obtain estimates, understand design and architecture options, and manage sprint and release plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with development manager, product manager and solutions to translate business requirements into clear user stories based on problem statements for our customers and end users
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories that deliver the highest value for Maplewave and our customers
- Provide clear goals for each sprint that align with the shared vision of the final product
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications and acceptance criteria for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our customers
- Provide review and approval of technical stories delivered by development teams
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies including: Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering, Math) or diploma in related field of study (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ Years of industry experience with 4+ Years as a Product Owner or Technical Product Manager
- You have strong technical chops, but can also describe technical things to non-technical people
- You have a knack for breaking down technical challenges into a logical series of steps (user stories)
- You have experience leading an agile product development process and a solid understanding of the Scrum framework and Agile methodology
- You have demonstrated data driven decision-making capabilities and strong analytical abilities with experience using analytics to influence product decisions
- You focus on maximizing the value of the product and the work of the development team
- You believe great products are built through the culmination of diverse inputs and you have experience taking direction and input from multiple sources and creating a shared product vision
- You collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a team-oriented environment
- You’re passionate about delivering quality products and great user experiences
- You have an innate ability to lead release activities from analysis through to implementation
- You are a Jira wizard and can quickly and efficiently manage any product backlog
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
- Retail POS or other retail software experience
- Familiarity with Scrum scaling techniques (i.e. Large-Scale Scrum) would be considered an asset
- Experience working closely with UI/UX and QA with a passion for problem solving
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com and quote Reference # ProductOwner100
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit is what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passion for technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!