Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference # Softwaredeveloper800
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
The Maplewave team has some exciting opportunities for Full Time Full-Stack developers. We are seeking some talented highly engaged and “out-of-the-box” thinking individuals to develop our next generation software.
You will be working with a modern technology, including Webpack, React, Redux, TypeScript, Rails, Java and C#; targeting multiple platforms involving iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows. Producing a high quality and easy to use product will be your primary responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a cross-platform suite of applications including electronic document signing, retail management, and customer assistance tools
- Write clean, maintainable code and automated tests
- Integrate with the team, participating in team discussions and activities
- Participate in Release Planning and Sprint Planning activities
- Bring scope, schedule, and design issues to the Team Lead
- Maintain and create documentation
- Participate in code review, design discussions, and feedback sessions
- Adhere to industry best practices regarding security and performance
- You have 5+ years of software development under your belt
- You have built software of some kind to solve a problem in your life outside of work
- You have used git at the command line and have felt the pain of merge conflict
- You have secured an application with authentication and multiple user roles / permissions, understand the top 10 OWASP security concerns and can articulate the value of differing security levels
- You are proficient in evaluating and implementing new and emerging technologies
- You are familiar with good design principles (such as Material Design)
- You are passionate about delivering quality products and great user experiences
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum product development team
- Background in data analysis and development involving large databases
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference # Softwaredeveloper800
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit is what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passion for technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!