Team Lead Software Developer
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
Our Product Development team is looking for a highly-motivated, experienced and enthusiastic developers to join our growing team. You will work with product owners, our UX team, and the rest of the development team to build and deploy our next generation product suite to thousands of retail stores across the world. You’ll help shape our architecture and infrastructure, design and develop highly available services, and help automate our processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of up to 6 developers and QA analysts, overseeing their professional development and performance management.
- Build and maintain a cross-platform suite of applications including electronic document signing, retail management, and customer assistance tools
- Write clean, maintainable code and automated tests
- Collaborate with other developers and participate in group discussions and activities
- Maintain and write documentation for features and processes
- Participate in code review, design discussions, and feedback sessions
- Adhere to industry best practices regarding security and performance
- You have 10+ years of software development under your belt
- You have experience managing other software developers
- You have worked extensively with distributed version control systems
- You have worked with security sensitive applications that involve authentication and role-based access control, understand trade-offs involved in application security, and are familiar with OWASP
- You are proficient in evaluating and implementing new and emerging technologies
- You are familiar with good architecture and software design principles
- You are passionate about delivering quality products and great user experiences
- You have experience with DevOps principles and practices
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
- Computer Science or related diploma/degree
- You have experience working on an agile/Kanban development team
- Background in data analysis and development involving large databases
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as ansible, salt, puppet, chef, or terraform
You are familiar with good design principles (such as Material Design)
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit are what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passion for technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.