Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference #: TE100
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
As a result of exciting recent growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineer within our Product team. The role will focus on writing automated tests for an existing, modern code-base. You will collaborate with the team to create automated test workflows and pipelines, testing best practices ensuring code is easy to test, and other quality related initiatives. The preferred candidate will be an energetic self-starter who works well both on their own and as part of a team.
If you have the qualities, we’re looking for and are keen to make that next career step, then Maplewave could be the place for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with an agile team to develop a comprehensive automated test suite to facilitate agile/DevOps environments and practices (such as CI/CD).
- Establish best practices for writing automated tests, setup automated test tools and pipelines, and create tests for existing features and functionality.
- Participate in Kanban meetings, peer-coding sessions, and code-review.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Work with Jira for creating and updating tasks, and document communication around the execution of a task.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Collaborate and communicate with teams in meetings and one-on-one sessions.
- Work with, use, and test several different products.
- Independently work on tasks and report updates or problems to the team lead.
- University or College degree in Computer Science or related programs.
- Possessing a strong desire to learn.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with version control concepts.
- Familiarity with test tools like, XUnit/NUnit or JUnit is considered an asset.
- C#/TypeScript knowledge considered an asset.
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit are what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passion for technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.