Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference # UXDesigner200
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here – we have been repeatedly recognized as one of our region’s best places to work.
UX Team is looking for a highly-motivated, experienced and enthusiastic UX Designer to join our growing team. You will work with customers—both internal and external—to help define our product design commitments, contribute to user stories, and continuously focus on delivering the highest possible value for Maplewave. Additionally, you will work with the UX Design team to obtain estimates, understand design and UX options, and take part in research and usability testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts/ user stories into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Help in our company’s product vision by researching, conceiving, whiteboarding, prototyping and user-testing experiences for our digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Present those designs and concepts to departmental staff, managers and business partners.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with the UX team, Product Manager(s), Development team and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX design experience with a specialty in prototyping or research. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite is a must.
- Ability to work with the UX team and Product Manager(s) to understand detail requirements and design complete user experiences that meet Maplewave’s clients needs and vision.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Collaborating and communicating closely (via distributed model) with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or Design or equivalence of 5-8 years of experience
- Certification in UX preferred
Maplewave is committed to fostering an environment that promotes individual growth and job satisfaction. Creativity and innovative spirit are what sets us apart. We’re looking for people who have passion for technology, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please fill out the form below
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.